Hey all, Welcome to the Owlracle Blog. If you are a web3 developer or part of the web3 project then we might be probably wondering about the high gas fee problem on your Dapps. So don’t worry today we are going to see how can we use Owlracle API in our Node js Application to give the best gas price for the best gas rate for the user on our dapp.
What is Owlracle ?
Before processing through the Tutorial lets get to know about Owlracle. Many people may have heard about the Owlracle but for those who have not heard about Owlracle let me explain to you, OWLRACLE is one of the popular web3.0 gas rate providing services in the crypto universe. Owlracle provides statistical information about gas prices for multiple chains so it will help to save your funds while paying the gas fee for doing the transactions.
OWLRACLE can help you save time and money by suggesting multi-chain gas-related values before sending your transactions or firing any events on blockchain. Currently, Owlracle supports 13 blockchain which includes the Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche, Polygon, Arbitrum, Optimism, Cronos, Fantom, Aurora, Moonriver, Heco, Celo, Harmony One, and Fuse blockchain.
OWLRACLE also provide API for developers to use gas rates on their Dapps or personal projects which will help to save lots of time and money for your dapp users while doing the transactions on your Dapps. OWLRACLE also indexes the historical gas price in its server so you can display and see the historical gas price through the Owlracle.
How to use Owlracle API in Node js.
So let’s come to the main point of this post, It is very easy to implement the Owlracle in Node js. Owlracle Provide the rest API for the developers so they can easily use the Owlracle API in their Node js Application. To use the Owlracle API in Node js, You need to create an API key from owlracle.info, So let’s see how can we create an API key on Owlracle.
How to Create an API key in Owlracle.
- First, Visit the Owlracle official website using this link, Then on the right side of the Header menu you can see the API Input Fields, If you already have Owlracle API you can simply enter your API key to login to Owlracle else if you don’t have Owlracle API you can click the dropdown icon in the right side on Input Fields.
- On the Dropdown side of API input fields, You can see the New API key option and View Key Info Options, To create a new API key simply, click on the New API key, and the new Pop up windows will open.
- On the New API key Popup section, You can see the different fields like origin, Note, and Referral Link, simply fill in this box then you can get your API Key and API Secret.
- With the free API key, you get 100 requests per hour for testing purposes and small businesses. But if you want to increase your request it costs $0.0005 / request.
Once you have created our API now let’s see how can we use the API for getting the gas API in our Node js Application, Before processing through these steps we highly recommend you check the Owlracle API docs to go deep on using the Owlracle API.
- First let’s create Node js App, On the CMD on Windows or Terminal on Linux simply type
npm initto create a node js app, Then give the package name and other info as required.
- Now we need to install Axios package, Now enter npm i axios on your CMD or Terminal which will install Axios on your node app.
- Once the step will be completed then open the dir by VS code studio by typing code . in your terminal or CMD, So the dir will open in the VS code studio.
- On your Dir, You can see the package.json file which will handle all dependencies of your node app. Now make app.js file and start writing code.
- Or you can see the code examples Here.